Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced lawyer
11313492

I own property in Middleport NY. It has a double lot with a

I own property in Middleport NY. It has a double lot with a house and a detached garage. I'd like to separate the garage from the house. Is that possible?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: New York
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question. Yes, you can do so. You may need to get it formally recognized by county but should not have resistance. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Acceptable

Thank you!