Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Second opinion] where do I get Quite Title Forms in nj?

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/8/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Here are some samples you can preview, you may want to draft your own suit here.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/how-long-does-chapter-7-bankruptcy-take.html

To resolve certain disputes which can arise over title to real estate, the New Jersey legislature has provided a process by which a party in possession of the real estate can protect or clear up the title to his property. If another person or entity raises a claim, or disputes the title to the property in some way, then the party in possession of the property may wish to commence a lawsuit to "quiet title" and thus resolve any outstanding issues relating to the title.

While quiet title actions have historical roots, the remedy available today in New Jersey is a statutory one pursuant to N.J.S.A. 2A:62-1 et seq.. It is a remedy which permits a person who is in peaceable possession of lands in New Jersey to settle disputes over the title to his land. A person in "peaceable possession" may, when title to his lands or any part of them is denied or disputed, or when a lien or encumbrance is asserted against his lands, use this process "to settle the title to such lands and to clear up all doubts or disputes" concerning the land. N.J.S.A. 2A:62-1.

Such an action would be commenced in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Chancery Division. In order to commence such an action, the party seeking relief must allege that he is in "peaceable possession" and that no action is pending to enforce or test the validity of the defendant’s claim to title or an encumbrance. After proving this, the burden then falls on the defendant to prove his claims.

You may want to have local lawyer help you draft and file this suit to quiet title.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Lawyer Referral Service

Following is a listing of county bar associations that offer lawyer referral services. Locate your county of residence and contact the appropriate service. Do not contact referral services that are outside of your local county.

Atlantic County Bar Association*****br />Atlantic City, NJ 08401(###) ###-####br />*****@******.***
www.atcobar.org
Tamara Lamb, Executive Director

Bergen County Bar Association*****br />Hackensack, NJ 07601 (###) ###-####br />www.bergenbar.org
Frank O’Marra Jr., Executive Director

Burlington County Bar Association***** 3rd Floor
Mount Holly, NJ 08060(###) ###-####or(###) ###-####br />*****@******.***
www.burlcobar.org
Kara E. Edens, Executive Director

Camden County Bar Association
1040 North Kings Highway, Suite 201
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034(###) ###-####br />www.camdencountybar.org
Laurence B. Pelletier, Executive Director

Cape May County Bar Association
9 North Main Street
Cape May Courthouse, NJ 08210(###) ###-####br />*****@******.***
Michele Devine-Hartnett, Executive Director

Cumberland County Bar Association
PO Box 2374
Vineland, NJ 08362(###) ###-####br />*****@******.***
www.ccnjbar.org
***** *****, Executive Director

Essex County Bar Association
470 Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard
Newark, NJ 07102(###) ###-####br />*****@******.***
www.essexbar.com
Wendy E. Deer, Executive Director

Gloucester County Bar Association
PO Box 338
Woodbury, NJ 08096(###) ###-####br />*****@******.***
www.gcbanj.org
Lynn Silverstein, Executive Director

Hudson County Bar Association*****br />Jersey City, NJ 07306(###) ###-####br />www.hcbalaw.com
Lisa Burke, Executive Director

Hunterdon County Bar Association
PO Box 573
Annandale, NJ 08801(###) ###-####br />*****@******.***
www.huntcolaw.org
Lyn Brokaw, Executive Director

Mercer County Bar Association
1245 White Horse Mercerville Road, Suite 420
Mercerville, NJ 08619(###) ###-####br />*****@******.***
www.mercerbar.com
Joan C. Parzel, Executive Director

Middlesex County Bar Association*****br />New Brunswick, NJ 08901(###) ###-####ext. 100
*****@******.***
www.mcbalaw.com
Jonathan P. Cowles, Executive Director

Monmouth Bar Association
Monmouth County Court House
Freehold, NJ 07728(###) ###-####
*****@******.***
www.monmouthbarassociation.com
Tracy A. Settipane, Executive Director

Morris County Bar Association
28 Schuyler Place
Morristown, NJ 07960(###) ###-####br />*****@******.***
www.morriscountybar.com
Nancy M. Bangiola, Executive Director

Ocean County Bar Association
PO Box 381
Toms River, NJ 08754(###) ###-####br />*****@******.***
www.oceancountybar.org
Karin Poola, Executive Director

Passaic County Bar Association***** 3rd Floor
Paterson, NJ 07505(###) ###-####br />www.passaicbar.org
Karen A. Corsi, Executive Director

Salem County Bar Association(###) ###-####br />*****@******.***
www.salemcountybar.org

Somerset County Bar Association
20 North Bridge Street HCH 325
Somerville, NJ 08876(###) ###-####br />*****@******.***
www.somersetbar.com
Karen Bradley, Executive Director

Sussex County Bar Association***** 4th Floor
Newton, NJ 07860(###) ###-####br />*****@******.***
www.sussexctybarassoc.com

Union County Bar Association*****1st Floor
Elizabeth, NJ 07207(###) ###-####br />www.uclaw.com
Jeffrey M. Clar, Executive Director

Warren County Bar Association*****br />Belvidere, NJ 07823(###) ###-####br />*****@******.***
www.warrencountybar.org