Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I have own a home in 45 acres of land in northern MI for

Customer Question

I have own a home in 45 acres of land in northern MI for approx 40 years.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: To allow my daughter (now deceased) to establish residency for the lower tax rate, as well as to run for political office, my husband (now deceased) and I agreed to feed property to get and her husband until such time as they moved out of said property.
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Michigan
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. This is clarified in our wills and a quit claim sees was filed giving the property to them with the above stipulation
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Some context may help...

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Daughter died, son-in-law claims house and land. Our wills clearly state they could live there until vacated, which they did upon moving back to California, where my daughter died.

You are still alive...I am confused how your will is a factor in this? A will is not enforceable until the person making the will dies

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You do have my credit card information because it has already cleared my bank. This is apparently a scam and I've wasted money. Now I'll have to request a new credit card. Shame on you for taking advantage of an 82 year old woman! I should have known better. Oh well.

Now I am really confused. It is not a scam....I have been working on this website for almost 10 years...

And I do not feel any "shame" in that...in fact I am proud of it...

It seems that you may have requested a phone call...and the call was denied because payment failed...you may want to contact customer service to assist