Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

What are the laws regarding a tenant operating a home office

Customer Question

What are the laws regarding a tenant operating a home office in a rental property in AZ?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Arizona
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: I have had a home office and am fully insured at 3 other rental properties, I'm licensed and insured in the state of AZ - no one had an issue and my new landlord is claiming I never informed them of a home office - I only do about 5% work here, no clients enter, it's phone calls and computer work, all other work is on various work sites around the world.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: On my rental application I clearly listed my business address the same as my home address, no secrets there, and my business name has my last name in it. My insurance more than covers three times the value of the entire property and all I do here is computer and phone calls.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  ScottyMacESQ replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. So what is your landlord saying about this? Does the lease say that you can't operate a home office out of the rental?

Are you there?

My apologies, but I must assist the other customers that are waiting. Once you respond to my follow up question, I will respond as soon as I can. Please note that I may be assisting other customers or otherwise out of the office (depending when you respond). Thank you.

Did you wish to continue with this question? Please let me know, because if not, I can request to have it closed