Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Wrap note release and title transfer back to original owner,

Customer Question

wrap note release and title transfer back to original owner
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: oklahoma ity oklahoma city
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: not yet. ordered a title report from title company in OKC will have that next week
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Basics: I have 2 duplexes. Old owner is carrying the financing under his name. He also did a wrap note for the extra amount I owed him I am wanting to title back the duplexes to his name and release myself of the promissory note that I am obligated to pay
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 month ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello

Does your agreement state that the "Old Owner" will release the financing and release you from the note?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am unable to call this minute. What is the guarantee this will be done legally and correctly if I accept the payment fee ?I want to ensure that the promissory note is cleared and I am not liable and the title paperwork is quick claimed to OKC muni properly. Will this all be done under the $59? OR can I expect more $$ to complete this?

Please ignore the telephone call. The request did not come from me. It will be my pleasure to continue in this format.

The Attorneys are not involved in billing nor do we have access to customer accounts. If you have any questions about the cost please contact customer service. I will provide the phone number if you do not see the link on your end.

US/Canada 1-***-***-****

Available 6am to 9pm PST

If you agreement states that these "liens" will be released the seller is required to clear the title. Does your agreement/contract state these matters will be released and that you will be provided with clear title?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The old owner has agreed to take back the 2 properties. What is currently in place is my name on title to the 2 duplexes; the old owner is on the mortgage note. He carried financing and I have title. Also at closing June 2014, we did a small wrap note. Old owner is willing to take the 2 properties back and release the lien or wrap note to me.He has also offered that when he sells the duplexes in Spring 2018 he will pay me $10k from the proceeds of the sale

And this is in writing?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have the release of lien in writing the emails saying this is what he wants

Thank you for the clarification. What is your specific question for me?

I will opt out of your question for another Attorney to assist you.