Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am trying to find out how can I reduce my hoa dues which…

Customer Question
I am trying to find...
I am trying to find out how can I reduce my hoa dues which is 3585. They are charging me 10 dollars a day, and it's been over a year. So the charged me 10 dollars a day of late fees for 311 days. Is this legal
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/7/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
You can reject the late fees as excessive and not reasonable. You can negotiate payment or balance less fees. Counsel can do so too. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. can threaten to sue the hoa to have the fees declared void. By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement! Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"

awaiting your reply, thank you.