Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am for 4 years on waiting list sectin 8 aprt. FOR SENIOR…

Customer Question
Hi, I am for...

Hi, I am for 4 years on waiting list sectin 8 aprt. FOR SENIOR SITEZEN. they don't give me client number or control number. manager told they don't have to. For two years gave me the same answer - maybe next year. Do I have a right to find out where I am on a waiting list. How do I keep track of my place on a waiting list? Thank You very much.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Villa Valley Apartments *****#101, Van Nuys, CA 91406

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am 66 years disabled person.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/7/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

I have no idea what they are doing and yes, you have a right to be informed.

I am going to provide a link for Pro Bono Legal aid Attorneys in your area that can assist as well as the phone number for HUD to report this matter. Give me a few moments please.

1-***-***-**** or visit the following HUD website:

https://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/public_indian_housing

I will also povide links for Pro Bono Attorneys in your area that can assist you for FREE.

Section 8 Legal Assistance http://www.nlsla.org/services/housing/

Van Nuys is the last one listed on this brochure

***** (Room 350) Van Nuys, CA 91401

http://www.nlsla.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/2-2-Self-Help-Brochure-Revised-Nov-2013.pdf

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you. If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund. You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out. Thank you for your consideration.