Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I own a mobile home in a park and was asked to leave for

Customer Question

i own a mobile home in a park and was asked to leave for paying space rent late for 4 mos.after i paid in july they gave me my money back and said they werent going to accept any rent, i was told i wouldnt be asked to leave, just sell my house they would take the rent out of escrow. and sixty days later, i received a letter stating that if my house doesnt sell in 7 days they will start eviction process and take my house from me. is tht legal
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: calif.
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: not yet as far as i know
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that she said she told me i had sixty days to sell it, but she never said that
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

i see no basis for their threats. If they are owed rent, they need to accept payment and cannot act in bad faith. If not paid, they can sue to evict and get a money judgment for rent owing, but that is the extent of it.

Is my reply acceptable?