Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My wife and I have been full time residents of a condominium…

Customer Question
My wife and I...

My wife and I have been full time residents of a condominium for 13 yrs.; my wife is the owner of record and we are the only full time residents of that time period.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Orange Beach, Al, Gulf Shores, Al, is our neighbor but we cannot use any lawyer in that city because our HOA uses one that is located there.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Only a 'defective' letter to us by that lawyer.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Our HOA has limited security on the property and my wife as owner of the unit has been fined because I have had to relay the rules and regulations of the condo to others. The docs. states: "No nuisances shall be allowed on the Condominium Property, nor any use or practice that is the source of unreasonable annoyance to RESIDENTS or interferes with the peaceful possession and proper use by its RESIDENTS. We are the ONLY RESIDENTS and this Article pertains to RESIDENTS, therefore we feel that this letter is defective.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/7/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.Could you describe this situation in a bit more detail for me? Why are they alleging that you’re interfering with residents?

Tina, Lawyer