Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

My ex landlord had her father in law send me a eviction

Customer Question

My ex landlord had her father in law send me a eviction notice for failure to mow the lawn, She then filed with the court on July 27 I still have not received a summons but I have moved out of the house, now cole county sheriff is suppose to be bring me the summons today Sept 7 what do I do with the papers since I have already moved out?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Sorry this is in Versailles MO
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: It is listed on casenet but says not disposed I believe
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just wondering what I need to do
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  ScottyMacESQ replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. do you happen to know if the landlord is asking for any monetary judgment in addition to a judgment removing you from the property?

Did you see my follow up question to your issue?

Are you there? Should I continue to await your response, or may I assist the other customers that are waiting?

My apologies, but I must assist the other customers that are waiting. Once you respond to my follow up question, I will respond as soon as I can. Please note that I may be assisting other customers or otherwise out of the office (depending when you respond). Thank you.

I see you have not responded in some time. Did you wish to continue with this question? Please let me know, because if not, I can request to have it closed.