How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42902
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had an eviction of a tenant yesterday by a Constable. Once

Customer Question

i had an eviction of a tenant yesterday by a Constable. Once we gained access to the apartment, i walked around in disbelief. Holes in the walls, fouls odors, broken doors, knobs, disposal backed up into dishwasher. dishwasher is filled with water that has a wretched odor and is rusted .... bottom line the place is trashed. I have before and after pics- what can i ask a judge for as far as repairs go?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: PA
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: yesw
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i went after tenant for a broken window and 2 mon rent. judge ruled in my favor. then i went back to have her evicted because she wouldn't pay and wouldn't leave
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: so nows she's out and my place is destroyed. new appliances and flooring 11 months ago , now ruined
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

You need an estimate here of damages including labor.Try for an estimate from contractor plus appliances like dishwasher.As long as you have proof damages and costs of repair court can award you judgment for this and anything else such as lost rent.
You are entitled here to judgment for all.Sorry you have had to deal with this.

You can sue here in small claims up to $12k yourself.

The most you can ask for in a small claims case is $12,000.Oct 1, 2015

Pennsylvania Small Claims Court: An Overview |

I appreciate the chance to help you .Thanks and the best.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

Small claim forms

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.