Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I had an eviction of a tenant yesterday by a Constable. Once…

Customer Question
I had an eviction...

I had an eviction of a tenant yesterday by a Constable. Once we gained access to the apartment, i walked around in disbelief. Holes in the walls, fouls odors, broken doors, knobs, disposal backed up into dishwasher. dishwasher is filled with water that has a wretched odor and is rusted .... bottom line the place is trashed. I have before and after pics- what can i ask a judge for as far as repairs go?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

PA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Yesw

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I went after tenant for a broken window and 2 mon rent. judge ruled in my favor. then i went back to have her evicted because she wouldn't pay and wouldn't leave

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

So nows she's out and my place is destroyed. new appliances and flooring 11 months ago , now ruined

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/7/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

You need an estimate here of damages including labor.Try for an estimate from contractor plus appliances like dishwasher.As long as you have proof damages and costs of repair court can award you judgment for this and anything else such as lost rent.
You are entitled here to judgment for all.Sorry you have had to deal with this.

You can sue here in small claims up to $12k yourself.

The most you can ask for in a small claims case is $12,000.Oct 1, 2015

Pennsylvania Small Claims Court: An Overview | Nolo.com

I appreciate the chance to help you .Thanks and the best.

Small claim forms

http://www.pacourts.us/assets/files/setting-897/file-771.pdf?cb=7d9563

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.