Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Is the owner of a leased home for elder care business

Customer Question
Is the owner of...

Is the owner of a leased home for elder care business allowed to take pictures of residents, personal and belongings ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Bellevue wa

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

You mean to the county recorders office ? NO

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm the tenant on a 5 year lease

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/7/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question. Owner is not allowed unless has consent and disclosure from them. Otherwise it is an invasion of privacy and their rights. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
what is the article of the law protecting residents and tenant privacy rights ?
I prefer answer in writing please.
It is a common principle of privacy and protection of right of publication. It is not statutory. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
what is the article of the law quotation, with residents and tenant privacy rights ?
There is no article of law as it is common law, not code or statute.
Whell then, does the owner have a right to come through the leased property with a 24 hour notice?
can the owner change locks to the private residential elder care facility?
hello, are you there?
No, there are occupancy and tenancy rights which cannot be interfered with akin to a landlord-tenant relationship. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
what are the occupancy and tenancy rights ?
Right to be free of interference and enjoy quiet enjoyment of premises. Normally such warranties are in the lease or other contract. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
can I have a copy of WA State tenant's rights?
http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/overview-landlord-tenant-laws-washington.html