Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  JA Mentor
26798026

I'm a landlord representing myself in a UD. I have a

Customer Question

I'm a landlord representing myself in a UD. I have a stipulation for entry of judgment (UD-115) in which my tenant and I agreed to terms going forward, and filed that agreement in the court. My tenant has violated the terms, and I need to know which form to file to request a hearing and continue with the UD. Can you help me figure that out?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I started with a three day notice, then a summons and complaint. Before the court date, the tenant and I filed a UD-115. Since that time nothing has been filed.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The tenant missed a rent payment in violation of the stipulation. I need to know which forms to use to obtain a hearing date and serve the tenant.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

What you have is a valid judgment where the tenant agreed to owing the stipulated amount. Failure to comply with a judgment is contempt of court. The courts don't have contempt forms online for landlord/tenant cases online. Try calling to see if they have any in the courthouse.

Do you have any questions about this?