Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I'm a landlord representing myself in a UD. I have a

Customer Question
I'm a landlord representing...

I'm a landlord representing myself in a UD. I have a stipulation for entry of judgment (UD-115) in which my tenant and I agreed to terms going forward, and filed that agreement in the court. My tenant has violated the terms, and I need to know which form to file to request a hearing and continue with the UD. Can you help me figure that out?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I started with a three day notice, then a summons and complaint. Before the court date, the tenant and I filed a UD-115. Since that time nothing has been filed.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The tenant missed a rent payment in violation of the stipulation. I need to know which forms to use to obtain a hearing date and serve the tenant.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/6/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

What you have is a valid judgment where the tenant agreed to owing the stipulated amount. Failure to comply with a judgment is contempt of court. The courts don't have contempt forms online for landlord/tenant cases online. Try calling to see if they have any in the courthouse.

Do you have any questions about this?