Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

We are guardians for grandaughter whom is 17, I let her

Customer Question
We are guardians for...

We are guardians for grandaughter whom is 17 , I let her father in the duplex to guide her, as my husbands dementia is getting worse. the lease is in my name going on a second year. How do we get him out of there?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Missouri

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No hes only been there going on 4 months nothing in his name

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/6/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

So here s a guest he is month to month tenant.You would give him 30 day notice to quit and then file an eviction suit to evict him if he doesn't leave within the 30 days under Missouri law.

Missouri notice form

http://www.simplifyem.com/forms/missouri-notice-to-vacate

Post one on front door mail him one certified mail.

I appreciate the chance to help you today and wish you the best.

Thanks and thanks for rating 5 stars.

Sample forms, your county will have county specific ones

http://www.stlcitycircuitcourt.com/CourtForms/form101.pdf