How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42815
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are guardians for grandaughter whom is 17, I let her

Customer Question

we are guardians for grandaughter whom is 17 , I let her father in the duplex to guide her, as my husbands dementia is getting worse. the lease is in my name going on a second year. How do we get him out of there?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Missouri
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: no hes only been there going on 4 months nothing in his name
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

So here s a guest he is month to month tenant.You would give him 30 day notice to quit and then file an eviction suit to evict him if he doesn't leave within the 30 days under Missouri law.

Missouri notice form

Post one on front door mail him one certified mail.

I appreciate the chance to help you today and wish you the best.

Thanks and thanks for rating 5 stars.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

Sample forms, your county will have county specific ones