Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I live in henderson,NV in a community. The perimeter of the…

Customer Question
I live in henderson,NV in...
I live in henderson,NV in a community. The perimeter of the community is actually deeded to the perimeter houses where it states it is their responsibility to maintain the area. Now the city wants to work on a 125k project and for the whole community to maintain it. we have to pay for the inital costs and ongoing maintenence. Are they allowed to do that? We had a petition opposing it, but they just disregarded it. I can't believe they are going to make us pay for other peoples property where it clearly states in the CCRs they are responsible for it. They are not doing code violations for the perimeter houses.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/6/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: DamienJD, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Lawyer

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

I am not sure if there is a clear cut answer to this. But if you want to discuss the issues we can do so. You mention a hearing. Where was the hearing? Was it in court or an administrative proceeding through the municipality? What was the result of the hearing?

Hello. I have not heard back you. Are you still looking for help on your question? If so, please let me know. Thank you.