Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

An officer of our HOA revealed to other homeowners that I…

An officer of our HOA...
An officer of our HOA revealed to other homeowners that I still owed an assessment fee at the neighborhood pool. Is this legal for them to discuss with homeowners that are not board members?
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/5/2017
Infolawyer, Lawyer
The bylaws and house rules normally provide that such matters are to kept confidential and discussed only with the board and the particular owner and no one else. This would in such a situation be a violation which may be resolved by reprimand or resignation of the offending board member. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What are my options in this situation?
Demand apology or resignation or clearer house rules protecting privacy. If needed, martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No. I can't afford any more. That is why I chose this route
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This answer was acceptable. I will not need a phone call as I can not afford it. Thank you for your help.
Very welcome.
Kindly rate me five stars.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will do
Thanks!!
Infolawyer, Lawyer