Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

In georgia,.am i required to join an hoa? this hoa was

in georgia,.am i required to...
in georgia,.am i required to join an hoa ? this hoa was established 4/19/17. i have been here since 2007. this hoa was established forcibly and not by a vote. officers were appointed by the owner of the subdivision. we all have county covenants that we go by. this hoa was established to releive the owner of bills for grass cutting and electricity for streetlights........i feel that after 4/19/17, new occupants can be required to join, but not before ?
9/4/2017
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

You only have to join the HOA if there is a declaration recorded in the land records which established the right to form an HOA and the declaration encompasses your property. If there is nothing like that, then you can't forced to join.

Does that answer your question(s)? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so it is much appreciated!). Thank you. :)

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, and you haven't yet rated me, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue.

TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney