Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I need some help if I was roommating and things aren't

Customer Question
Okay I need some help...
Okay I need some help if I was roommating and things aren't working out so I moved out now I'm trying to sublet my room cause it's a two bedroom is my room mate able too take me to court for wanting to sublease my room?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: I already asked my landlord if I can break the lease and let them know I don't feel safe in that environment and they said no and Wisconsin
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: No not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just need help on ideas on how too break huh elease and what can I do since the landlord won't let me break it with out a sublet and my roommate is trying to take me too court cause I want to sublease my room is that possible
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/1/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Are you both on a written lease with the landlord?

.

Are you saying the roommate is trying to sue you to prevent you from subleasing?

.

Does your lease allow subleasing?

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in and see if you still needed help?

.

Thanks much

Tina, Lawyer