Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Can you have an HOA within an HOA in the state of OH? Ohio,

Can you have an...

Can you have an HOA within an HOA in the state of OH?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

I would assume so. We have lived here since 2012 but the community was established in 1999 or 2000.

Answered in 1 minute by:
8/31/2017

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

The Ohio laws do not prohibit subdivisions within an HOA from having a separate HOA as long as they are consistent with the main HOA's covenants and bylaws in addition to having their own covenants. In other words, like a subsidiary to a company, the secondary HOA would be subject to the main covenants and bylaws of the main HOA and could have supplemental regulations that are more restrictive, but not less restrictive than provided for under the covenants and main bylaws of the main HOA.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer