Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My HOA was turned over to the homeowners by the developer…

My HOA was turned...

My HOA was turned over to the homeowners by the developer Mid May 2017. Elections were held and a majority of the board seats were filled by the representatives of the developer. The developer has several separate LLC that purchased properties in the community for rentals. Was this election legal?

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state the LLC is registered in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not to my knowledge

8/19/2017
Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is Alex.

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do representatives of the developer own the units within HOA?

Thank you for your follow up.

Generally, as long as, all the HOA members who have voted own units within the HOA and also the election was held according to the HOA bylaws, such election / voting results would be valid, even if its results are favorable to the developer or even if some HOA members / owners so not agree or like the results.

I am very sorry to provide you with this badnews, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provideJustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is notfavorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and good luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?

If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.

Thank you.

Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law