Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  16 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

When filling out a grant deed to add my wife to it, what is

When filling out a grant deed to add my wife to it, what is the title of the grantees? WOuld it be community property with right of survivorship? Is it joint tenancy? I want to make sure my wife gets the property if anything happens to me.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by JustAnswer and you are under no obligation to accept.

.

If you want to both be owners of the property with the surviving spouse becoming the sole owner when one of you passes, then you would want to list it like this "***** ***** and Sue Smith, married, as joint tenants with right of survivorship".

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
what is the difference between community property with right of survivorship and joint tenants with right of survivorship?

Nothing really... just joint tenants is used throughout the US while community property is only in states where community property rules apply. But in CA either will work exactly the same.