RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

We currently took our house off the market this past Sunday.

We currently took our house off the market this past Sunday. We interviewed a new realtor on Tuesday. We liked him so we signed a contract. The house does not go back on the market till September 11th. I got a call today from someone who wants to see the house this Saturday the 19th. Do we have to go thru the new realtor or does his part in the process not become valid till September 11th
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Connecticut
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: The contract he has is the exclusive right to sell contract. I don't know if it has been filed
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good evening. If the house was taken off the market, how did someone know to contact you? Were you listing this on your own prior to retaining this realtor? When does his representation of your begin? I know you shared the home does not go back on the market until the 11th BUT what is he going to be doing up until then?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is a person that is a client of another agent who showed the house when it was on the market.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We did not re-list yet. That happens on September the 11th

So this is their second showing of it? When it was showed, were you represented by anyone?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
we had another agent who we terminated contract with on August 11th. I don't know if this is a second showing for the client. He was just out of town and noticed it was not listed any longer
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
He called me today
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are you there?

The realtors representation of you would begin, when stated in the contract. You want to read what you signed. I say this because even though you may not re-list it until the 11th, the representation of you by the new realtor, may have started when the contract was signed. If that is the case, you would need to have them contact and deal with your realtor. If it is silent, you may be able to argue that they do not represent you until the 11th and this was not a potential buyer who was brought in buy them and you are going to handle the showing on your own. It really amounts to commission and if this buyer ends up closing and it was a result of your old realtor, they would be entitled to the commission.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok thank you

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.