Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I didn't have the time to see if this cost me any thing,

i didn't have the time...
i didn't have the time to see if this cost me any thing
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: clearwater Fl.
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: not sure
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Im on disabilty behind on Hoa becouse my mother died last yr. tryed to pay the payments but i just cant dont know what to do
8/17/2017
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

I am concerned that you are not aware of the cost of your question. The Attorneys do not have access to customer accounts and are not involved in billing. I am going to provide a link for Customer Service so you can ascertain that cost before we continue.

US/Canada1.***-***-****

Available 6am to 9pm PST

I leave in oak of northwood in clearwater fl. I lived here for 12yr with my mother. she died last Aug.and I got behind on my HOA with them adding the lawyers coast to my balnce i owe over 10 thousand dollors.
i fist offered 250 a mo to pay this off the board said no then offered 350 they said no then i offered 500. noing i could not pay it but i had heard the guy next door say he was paying 500 so that is way i told then that. trying to buy time.now i mist a payment and they dont except any payment and that was our last talk

Are you telling me the HOA has permitted some owners to make arrangements and have not provided that option to you?

i dont know if they are or not
can they forclose on me

In Florida HOA's have the ability to foreclose for past due assessments. The process needs to be followed as set out in your governing documents. Do you have a copy of your HOA governing documents?

i need io stay here
are you still with mr

Yes. You asked if they can foreclose and they can foreclose. http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/florida-hoa-coa-foreclosures.html

well i asked what should do or i said i dont know what to do

Would you like me to provide a link for local Attorneys in your area that provide FREE consultations that can assist you with trying to work out an agreement with the HOA?

There are other options such as filing for bankruptcy.

"Florida is a judicial foreclosure state, that means a party seeking to foreclose a home must go to court and receive approval from a judge before a home is sold at a foreclosure action. This includes not just banks, homeowners associations (HOA) must also go through the court process before foreclosing on a home located in Florida. Unfortunately, many HOA’s are very aggressive and will seek foreclosure if a homeowner fails to pay the HOA dues and assessments." https://www.floridalegaladvice.com/blog/how-bankruptcy-can-stop-an-hoa-foreclosure-in-florida/

Defenses to an HOA foreclosure http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/defenses-hoa-foreclosure.html

Are you still online with me?

i looked thisup where it said they cant take money from ssd check is that tru

That is correct.

why will thay not work with me

I wish I could answer that for you. HOA's were good in theory and are horrible in practice.

This is a link for Attorneys in your area that provide FREE legal consultations http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/firm/real-estate-law/clearwater/florida

ok thank you

Gulfcoast Legal Services
(727)(###) ###-####/strong>***** Building G, Suite 210
Clearwater, FL 33765
Bankruptcy, Civil Rights, Consumer and Divorce https://www.justia.com/lawyers/florida/pinellas-county/legal-aid-and-pro-bono-services

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it.

Thank you for using JA! We appreciate your business.

Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Thank you.

Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney