Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I have a customer who is on deed of trust and her husband is

deported and she wants him...
I have a customer who is on deed of trust and her husband is deported and she wants him off the account but I am not sure what all I need for that to happen, does he have to sign off on it , can I just redo the contract ,or do I need a divorce decree to do that...?
8/16/2017
LawTalk, Attorney

Good evening,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Is your client one of the borrowers, or a party to whom the mortgage debt is owed?

Doug

She is one of the borrowers

Thanks for the clarifications.

While the lender, or present holder/owner of the trust Deed may drop the husband as an obligor on the loan, as a rule this is never done because it is always to the lenders advantage to have as many people as possible legally liable for the debt.

If your customer is seeking a refinance of the loan from your company, then if you want to refinance the loan and exclude the husband, you can legally do that, but if his name is ***** ***** deed, that may not legally be changed without his approval and participation in signing of a new deed which would remove him from legal ownership of the property.

You may reply to me again if you have additional questions, and I will be happy to continue to assist you.

I am not an employee of this site and I am only paid for helping you when you rate my service to you. Please remember to rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars on your screen (preferably 5-Stars) so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours well in 2017,

Doug

LawTalk, Attorney

Thank you for your positive rating of my service. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope that you will ask for me on JustAnswer should a future need ever arise. I am generally available at least 6 days a week, and often 7, and it would be my privilege to assist you again in the future.

I welcome you to request my assistance in any future legal questions you may have, by simply asking for me by name, Doug, in the first sentence of your new question.

Thanks again.

Doug

LawTalk, Attorney