Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I inherited a house with my sister. There's no mortgage and…

I inherited a house...

I inherited a house with my sister. There's no mortgage and I pay the property taxes and 80% of the heat and water. What time of agreement can I enter into to make things more equitable?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

New york

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

The deed is in our names with my name listed first.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We're not talking.

Answered in 1 minute by:
8/12/2017
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Legally the only remedy here is a suit to partition and force a sale or enter into a written agreement.You can file such a suit to force a sale here and either buy her out or she buys you out or it is sold.If she isn't willing to compromise a suit for partition may be the way to go here.Legally court can order it sold here.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Lawyer for suit for partition

Lawyer Referral and Information Service
1(###) ###-####br />Nysbalris.legal.io

Need an attorney in NYC? Call(###) ###-####/p>

Ray, Lawyer