Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I am trust deed holder for my son house. His house under the

Customer Question
pre foreclosure now. If 1st...
I am trust deed holder for my son house. His house under the pre foreclosure now. If 1st mortgage foreclosure house, if house sale more than the 1st mortgage loan. Do I get any money after pay 1st mortgage?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: In California. I do not do anything yet. I only received notice from company
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: just want to know what's my right
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/12/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Yes you would be paid any surplus funds as second lien holder too.You are next in line to be paid if there is any funds left over and they would be disbursed to you here.If there is anything leftover you will be paid those funds once first lender has been satisfied in California.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight and wish you the best.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Have a great evening and thanks

Do I need to file any pepper work ?

I would write the first lien holder and advise them you have a second and give them contact information, copy of note, deed of trust.

According my son devoice lawyer said. My grant deed maybe will be void by court. First I got the promissory note from my son before they devoice than he sign the deed after devoice file. If the grant deed void, do I have anyway to security my money ?

Only if there are surplus funds, after first is paid including late fees, legal fees, court costs,, etc.

Thanks again and the best here, thanks for rating 5 stars.

Ray, Lawyer