Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Other than non payment of hoa fees - can the hoa file suit…

Other than non payment...

Other than non payment of hoa fees - can the hoa file suit for legal construction of a sidewalk on your own property?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

A plan was submitted and my sidewalk was rejected. Claiming it is imposing on the access to utility lines. After having our local utility company send over a rep to mark the utility lines I was told that others in our neighborhood have built over the same areas of their homes with no interference from the hoa. Anyway, access to those lines can be attained from below the sidewalk. I have seen other homes and it's true - they too have sidewalks over the utility access point.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This is the only thing preventing me from starting this project.

8/11/2017
Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is ***** *****

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Yes. HOA can in fact file a lawsuit against the homeowner, if the HOA is alleging in its case filed with the court, that homeowner is doing anything to interfere with the HOA interest and/or violating any HOA rules and regulations.

I wish you the best of luck!

Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law