Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I was looking for info on mechanic liens. Illinois. We are

I was looking for info...
I was looking for info on mechanic liens
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Illinois
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: No. We are the mechanic and have a client that owes a good amount and we are trying to learn our options.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I can wait to be connected. :)
8/7/2017
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

Hello
Is the $59 in addition to the #36 already paid?

I can provide an overview of the mechanic lien requirements in Illinois. If your situation does not fit the requirements for a mechanic's lien you would also have the option of filing a breach of contract case. What does your contract with the property owner state your remedies are in the event the owner breaches the contract?

$59.00 may be for a phone call. Feel free to ignore the phone call request. The site generates this request. I am happy to continue in this format.

Will you be calling?

Phone calls are open to all Attorneys on the site.

Your question: What does your contract with the property owner state your remedies are in the event the owner breaches the contract?We do the work and give our client the bill with net 20.
Our company has been in business for 19 years. There's never been actual contracts that go from one hand to the other. We do the work and they pay the bill. I'm confused by the contract question.
I guess there's no legal contract.
Are you there?

Yes.

I agree, the phone will make it SO much easier!
I'm ready
I'm not sure what to do here. Are we talking or typing? LOL
Hello?
Are you still with me?

Did you want a phone call or to continue in this format?

This link sets out the process https://www.lienitnow.com/illinois-faq

Am I waiting on a phone call? There's been so little response in this forum.

I provided a link on the process and asked you if you wanted to continue in the chat format?

Here is the link again https://www.lienitnow.com/illinois-faq

I would prefer a phone call. Thank you

Perfect. Give me one moment to let the site know and make sure that you are contacted.

I appreciate it.

My pleasure.

I just wait for a call now?

Yes. The site is has been advised.

Still haven't received a call???
Will they charge me the $59 if I don't receive a call?
You should not be charged if you did not receive a phone call. Please let customer service know that you never received a phone call. The Attorneys have no access to customer accounts or billing. My apologies that no one contacted you.
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Irwin Law
Phone call session started
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney