Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Im in Missouri, have been in negotiation with my mortgage…

Customer Question
Hello! Im in...

Hello! Im in Missouri, have been in negotiation with my mortgage company since June 9th about a loan modification. All documents were submitted. Loan Modification was denied. Have a Foreclosure, notice of Sale Date on August 14th. Had a discussion on Friday at 5:00PM about a Repayment plan. Was told it would need to be approved. I'm concerned it wont be approved. Is there anything I can do keep my home/ stop foreclosure?

Lawyer's Assistant: Is this a fixed-rate or adjustable-rate mortgage?

Fixed raate

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Those are the pretty much the concerns, thank you!

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
8/7/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
RealEstateAnswer
Good morning and I am sorry to hear about this. If a sale date has been set you need to try and stop it to allow the bank time to review the repayment plan. You can speak with them this morning and see if they would agree to stop the sale and cancel it until they decide. If they will not you can then try and file a motion to stop the sale and cancel it advising of the situation and asking for time for them to consider it as the sale can always be reset.
If you can show the bank the ability to repay they should agree to this.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer