Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have a question about a property dispute. There was no…

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question about a property dispute.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a real estate attorney about this?

There was no real estate involved . It was a agreement between me and the owner . I did go through the bank to buy the house though .

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

McMinnville Tennessee

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The property was deeded out in two separate deeds . I didn't find out until two years later that she still own one of the deeds . Now she is wanting money for the land . It's not the deed my house is on though .

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/7/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Do you have a written contract for the sale? What does it say about the land that you're buying - does it state the size of the lot or anything like that to show specifically what you were buying? Did you do a title search before completing the sale?