Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience in General Practice, Real Estate Law and Estate Law.
68197583

Rural subdivisions, are they outside of community zoning if

Customer Question

rural subdivisions, are they outside of community zoning if not annexed by such
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: MO
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: a subdivision was formed complete with ccr's...small acreage lots.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: can the lots be divided...noting an absence of direction in ccr's
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 2 months ago.
Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. There are different zoning codes that apply based on where the real property is located. Generally in rural and unincorporated area (unless annexed) the zoning code falls under the county code. Recorded CC&R's run with the land in addition to any applicable zoning code. Which county is the property line located in?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Lawrence county

Thank you. One moment please.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out. Thank you for your consideration.

Thank you for using JA! We appreciate your business.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The property reference in CCR's is "Lot" , by definition, a residential lot ....not acreage, as it states one residence per lot. Am I correct?

As a general rule a lot is considered one parcel of land with one real property tax identification number. Lots size is measured in acreage.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit from the site for my work and time I would appreciate it.

Are you online with me?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thanks so much for your assistance in clarifying the definition of a lot....thanks again.

You are most welcome.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so the site will provide me with credit for my time and my work I would appreciate it. Do you see the rating scale on your end? 5 Stars