Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I'll begin with an easy question...Is Standard SF-95 valid…

Customer Question
I'll begin with an...

I'll begin with an easy question...Is Standard SF-95 valid in Municipality when issuing a "Notice of Claim"?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

New Jersey

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Presented to Municipality withih the 90 day "Window"

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Oh...One other "Quickie"...Is an "Address Verification" issued by the Courts?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 100 days by:
11/15/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: N Cal Attorney, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
N Cal Attorney

Thank you for your question. DF-95 is a federal form.

Which municipality is the claim against? Is it for a tort or a contract?

Morning N Cal...
Municipality is Newark/County of Essex
It's a tort...I filed a SF-95 with the Municipality within 90 Day "window". I do need to know who is responsible for filing an
"Address Verification" with the USPS. Oh...and FYI this Claim is concerning blatant "Police Negligence". Thanks...Chat soon!
Real Estate Lawyer: Joycelaw, Attorney replied 5 months ago
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started

https://npd.newarkpublicsafety.org/professionalstandards/cap says:

• Online : Scroll to the bottom of this screen and click the Complaint Against Personnel button. After completing the form, click the Submit Complaint button to electronically send the form to OPS:
  • By Mail : Complete a citizen complaint form which is available at every police facility. The form can be completed at a police facility or at home and mailed or faxed to the OPS (address and fax number provided below). You can also write a letter and mail it or fax it to OPS.

I am not sure what type of complaint you want to file against the City. Please describe what happened.

The USPS is supposed to verify addresses. There issome information at

https://smartystreets.com/articles/why-wont-my-address-validate

Tina, Lawyer