Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

I am in the process of moving from one city to another. My

Customer Question

I am in the process of moving from one city to another. My neighbor is crazy and has recently called the police on me for my dog pooping in her yard. Then when I put the dog in the kennel she called again and filed a noise complaint. The police oficer told me to take the dog and leave. My home. So I had to drive 5 hours back to my other home and had to delay cutting my grass and the realtor coming out.
JA: Have you talked to a real estate attorney about this?
Customer: I am now afraid to go back to my house and finish packing as well as maintain my home. The police solution was have someone else do it for you. I am not a money tree. Why should I have to pay upwards of 5000$ when I should freely be able to come and take care of my home and pack and move?
JA: Because the Real Estate Lawyer will solve your problem quickly right now and for a fraction of the cost of seeing an in-person Real Estate Lawyer.
Customer: Ok. You are saying to contact a real estate attorney for my problem?
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Franklinton,La
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes. I the dog was left at my home in Franklinton for one month. We had various family members and friends come and feed him cut our grass and such. We were delayed because my husband was hospitalized.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Mind you I was present when she called because of the noise complaint, and that day I removed the dog from the home that day.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can not afford it at the this time as I am paying many bills. That is why I need to get the realtor to my house as soon as possible.
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

You should not have to live in fear here.If you can leave the dog elsewhere while you pack if might help you avoid the neighbor.Not sure if this is possible.If it not then go and do what you need to do.The police will see you are not doing anything wrong here if the dog is on your property.At some point you ignore the neighbor and do what you need to do . Again if you could leave dog for day with kennel locally this might allow you to pack up and move.You have the right idea to sell and get away from this person.They obviously have some vendetta against you.As long as you keep the dog out of this no reason you cannot return and pack up your stuff.

I appreciate the chance to help you , let me know if you have more.

Thanks for rating 5 stars when we are done.

Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

I just don't see that you did anything wrong here, try to find another place for dog while you are packing here.Best you can do.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The dog will never return to that property. It is the way the police handled the situation that has me upset. I had to postpone putting my home on the market because he told me to leave my home.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What next? My children had to witness their mother being scolded by a policeman. They had to endure a ten hour drive in one day. Now school is starting and it's complicating the matter
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
She will not stop why do I do. I am trying to go about my business. I was trying that day.
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

I agree you got a bad cop.It was not a fair resolution but you can go back here without dog and try to pack up.You could sue the neighbor but you are wanting to ell and that could be problematic.I wouldn't hesitate to go back and do what you need to do.Glad you are moving though to a better place I hope.