Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Can I still purchase a house if my US visa is not valid

Customer Question
Hi can I still...

Hi can I still purchase a house if my US visa is not valid anymore? I know you can purchase as a foreigner but do you have to be in a valid status?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a real estate attorney about this?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Bothell, washington

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Im buying in cash so there will be no financing issues.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/6/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law replied 11 months ago
Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is Alex.

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

No. There is no requirement for a foreigner to have a valid US visa in order to purchase real estate in the USA.

I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?

If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.

Thank you.