Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I own several rental properties with a partner. It has been…

Customer Question
I own several rental...

I own several rental properties with a partner. It has been recommended that each property be placed in its own Llc. Do both of us (partners) need sroerste attorneys to draft each llc?

Lawyer's Assistant: What kind of liability insurance is currently in place for the property?

Each property carries its own policy. 2 million

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Brooklyn & staten idksnd

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/5/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by JustAnswer and you are under no obligation to accept.

.

If you are both on the deeds to the properties, then you would just sign the deeds over to the LLCs once they are formed and set up.

.

You and partner would be the grantors and the LLCs would be the grantees.

.

So no, you don't need separate attorneys to do this as one can easily handle setting up the LLCs and preparing the deeds to transfer the properties into them.

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much

Barrister, Lawyer