I'm in a dispute with my realtor regarding damages
I feel are due because of misrepresentation, lack of full disclosure, and a series of lies. The closing is scheduled for Monday, August 7. The original closing was scheduled for June 30, but due to a severe hail storm and damage to our roof, it was postponed. That is when things went downhill. My question is, if necessary (meaning we don't get a satisfactory reduction in commission) can we put the realtor's commission in escrow
until we get it legally settled?
JA: Has any paperwork been drafted or filed?
Customer: If by paperwork you mean the closing documents, yes, but not signed by us. My realtor is asking me to sign a "hold harmless" addendum, which we have not signed, of course.
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: In Omaha, NE.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, there are a lot of details, but to much for this chat.