Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Just received a notice of park closure for Casitas Mobile…

Customer Question
Just received a notice...

Just received a notice of park closure for Casitas Mobile Home Estates in La Verne, Ca. 91750. Is their any information you have on this. There is a meeting for all current residents scheduled for Tuesday, Aug. 8. Is it a procedure for someone from Ombudsman to also attend meeting.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the mobile home?

California. most homes build in 72. This one is from 1973 we have approximately 130 homes most occupied. Until recently has been a senior

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Im not sure, just have the notice regarding park closure, Lease between owner and management company expires is 2027. Owner is not planning to renew lease as of 2027 with current management comany named Santiago. The notice indicates that we may be required to remove our mobilehome from the park two (2) years prior to expiration of ground lease.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'd like to forward a copy of the notice if I can. The letter does not give a name or number to call for any questions. I am planning on attending the meeting I just would like to be prepared as much as possible before attending meeting and have

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
8/5/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Can you post it here, thanks be happy to read and comment.

Will do

You can post it here when you can,not set up for calls but will answer any questions you have here.

I'm having problems with computer. Not sure how to post copy of letter I received re: mobile home park closure

You can post it here.There should be a paper clip at top or otherwise post it.

Not able to post will get help and try tomorrow. Thank you

No problem talk to you tomorrow.