Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Just received a notice of park closure for Casitas Mobile

Customer Question

just received a notice of park closure for Casitas Mobile Home Estates in La Verne, Ca. 91750. Is their any information you have on this. There is a meeting for all current residents scheduled for Tuesday, Aug. 8. Is it a procedure for someone from Ombudsman to also attend meeting.
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the mobile home?
Customer: California. most homes build in 72. This one is from 1973 we have approximately 130 homes most occupied. Until recently has been a senior
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Im not sure, just have the notice regarding park closure, Lease between owner and management company expires is 2027. Owner is not planning to renew lease as of 2027 with current management comany named Santiago. The notice indicates that we may be required to remove our mobilehome from the park two (2) years prior to expiration of ground lease.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'd like to forward a copy of the notice if I can. The letter does not give a name or number to call for any questions. I am planning on attending the meeting I just would like to be prepared as much as possible before attending meeting and have
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

Can you post it here, thanks be happy to read and comment.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Will do
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

You can post it here when you can,not set up for calls but will answer any questions you have here.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm having problems with computer. Not sure how to post copy of letter I received re: mobile home park closure
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

You can post it here.There should be a paper clip at top or otherwise post it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Not able to post will get help and try tomorrow. Thank you
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

No problem talk to you tomorrow.