Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Is it possible to change a right of survivorship deed to be…

Customer Question
Is it possible to...

Is it possible to change a right of survivorship deed to be tenants in common?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Oregon

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/4/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.The answer to your question is yes. It is possible to change a right of survivorship deed to be tenants-in-common. What you would need to do is file a quit claim deed which would reflect the change in interest. A quit claim deed can usually be found on something like rocketlawyer.com 4 right around twenty bucks. He would just make it clear on the deed that you are changing it from a right of survivorship to tenants in common. This way, when one of the parties die the property will go to their errors instead of being assumed by the other tenant.

Although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

Hello, it’s been awhile since we connected so I wanted to check in with you to see if you had any further questions or if there is anything else I can assist you with today. Please reply here and let me know. Thank you.

Legal Eagle, Lawyer