Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I am trying to do the correct legal route to evict my term…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to do the correct legal route to evict my long term boyfriend from my home. He refuses to leave after multiple requests. Its been months.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Maryland

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No mam

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That is all

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
8/4/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

If he will not leave after you have asked him you treat this as any eviction. You would start by providing eviction notice to him. Let me pull up the forms as well as the procedure for you.

"Even if you gave that person permission to enter the property, your guest must leave when you ask. If a guest or squatter refuses to leave, you may seek eviction by filing a "wrongful detainer" action in District Court. "Wrongful detainer" means to hold possession of real property (house, apartment, building, land) without the right of possession. Even if you gave that person permission to enter the property, your guest must leave when you ask. If a guest or squatter refuses to leave, you may seek eviction by filing a "wrongful detainer" action in District Court. "Wrongful detainer" means to hold possession of real property (house, apartment, building, land) without the right of possession." https://www.peoples-law.org/house-guest-or-squatter-refuses-leave

"How to Evict Someone Who Lives With You

Evicting a tenant is a fairly simple process. But what if you need to evict a roommate? What if there’s a family member who just won’t leave? How do you handle evicting someone who lives with you?"

https://www.rocketlawyer.com/article/roommate-eviction-article.rl

Sample Notice

https://www.rocketlawyer.com/secure/interview/questions.aspx?document=66163870&id=1781#q1

Where in Maryland are you located so I can provide a link for local Attorneys that provide FREE consultations that could assist you?

Please ignore the opt out. I am still here to assist with your question.

I am located in Baltimore County. Closest to Towson/Parkville, MD (8413 Oakleigh Road, Parkville, MD 21234)

One moment please.

http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/firm/landlord-tenant/baltimore-county/maryland

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out. Thank you for your consideration.

Thank you for using JA! We appreciate your business.

Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney