Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
17897874

Question about a lease I am writing a simple addendum to a

Customer Question

Question about a lease
I am writing a simple addendum to a lease for our business property.
The lease says it is between Shirley Beckman (for Poor Boy Irrevocable Trust)
but then her children signed it also,
my question is if you look at the first page of the lease and then the signing, do her children have to sign the addendum if they are not stated on the first page as the Trustee/Lessor
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs. Thank you for your patience as I review the question. I will post my response shortly.

Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

Why did the children sign? What are they defined as under the lease? Are they listed as a party under the lease? Guarantors? Occupants?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have attached the addendem i made and the first lease.
Their father had just died, left them the trust, I have the trust agreement if you need
I am not sure
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

Your addendum seems fine. They are signors of the original lease. There is nothing wrong with including them on the Addendum. In fact, it is the safe way to proceed.

Please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Here is the trustee agreement
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

Thank you. The children are trustees. That is why they need to sign. Their signature line should indicate they are trustees.

Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!