Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Question about a lease I am writing a simple addendum to a…

Customer Question
Question about a lease I am...
Question about a lease
I am writing a simple addendum to a lease for our business property.
The lease says it is between Shirley Beckman (for Poor Boy Irrevocable Trust)
but then her children signed it also,
my question is if you look at the first page of the lease and then the signing, do her children have to sign the addendum if they are not stated on the first page as the Trustee/Lessor
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/4/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Loren, Lawyer

I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs. Thank you for your patience as I review the question. I will post my response shortly.

Why did the children sign? What are they defined as under the lease? Are they listed as a party under the lease? Guarantors? Occupants?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have attached the addendem i made and the first lease.
Their father had just died, left them the trust, I have the trust agreement if you need
I am not sure

Your addendum seems fine. They are signors of the original lease. There is nothing wrong with including them on the Addendum. In fact, it is the safe way to proceed.

Please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Here is the trustee agreement

Thank you. The children are trustees. That is why they need to sign. Their signature line should indicate they are trustees.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!