Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

Howdy, trying to determine if my "back" property line is

Customer Question

Howdy, trying to determine if my "back" property line is actually "side" since property is bounded by streets on three sides.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: texas
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: no, working with homeowners assoc board
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Michael Bradley replied 2 months ago.

When it comes to finding out the proper boundary lines of anyone's property, the really only accurate way of doing that would be to hire an engineering or survey company that can come out and mark the boundary lines of the property. They will be able to look at the legal description of the property and from that be able to mark all of the property line boundaries. I would not anticipate the fee for that service to be too expensive. Something that would be worth the money so that you do know your true boundaries.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I already have a survey. This is for purposes of restrictive covenants, if I can call the street-facing yards side or if one of them has to be rear or back.

can you send a copy of the survey?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Here is the survey. For what it's worth I'm a civil engineer and am somewhat familiar with these topics.
I am sorry but I am tied up and can not get to your question. I am going to opt out so another expert can help you.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 2 months ago.

Front, back and side yards would normally be established by the direction the building faces. Have you reviewed the building permits?What are the restrictive covenants that concern you?