Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Howdy, trying to determine if my "back" property line is…

Customer Question
Howdy, trying to determine...

Howdy, trying to determine if my "back" property line is actually "side" since property is bounded by streets on three sides.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No, working with homeowners assoc board

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
8/3/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 1 year ago
Michael Bradley

When it comes to finding out the proper boundary lines of anyone's property, the really only accurate way of doing that would be to hire an engineering or survey company that can come out and mark the boundary lines of the property. They will be able to look at the legal description of the property and from that be able to mark all of the property line boundaries. I would not anticipate the fee for that service to be too expensive. Something that would be worth the money so that you do know your true boundaries.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I already have a survey. This is for purposes of restrictive covenants, if I can call the street-facing yards side or if one of them has to be rear or back.
Real Estate Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 1 year ago

can you send a copy of the survey?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Here is the survey. For what it's worth I'm a civil engineer and am somewhat familiar with these topics.
Real Estate Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 1 year ago
I am sorry but I am tied up and can not get to your question. I am going to opt out so another expert can help you.
Real Estate Lawyer: Irwin Law, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer

Front, back and side yards would normally be established by the direction the building faces. Have you reviewed the building permits?What are the restrictive covenants that concern you?