Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have been in a self contained apartment in a retreat under…

Customer Question
Hello I have been...

Hello I have been in a self contained apartment in a retreat under a boarding house tenancy for 5 years i have never had a default on my rent.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

The manager has given me 28 days notice, the owner revoked it for seven months to January to give me time to sell my business and move on which is what i wish to do my business is up for sale.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No the manager then said she would give me 48 hours notice if i caused any disturbab

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes she has now given me 48 hours notice this evening

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
8/3/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

In order to answer your question, it would help to have the following information:

• You mentioned a boarding house, but also a business. Is this a residential or commercial lease?
  • Do you have anything in writing, or are you currently month to month?
  • What is the reason for the 48 hours notice?
  • What state do you live in?
Tina, Lawyer