Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have a court date for the 11th of this month for rent I…

Customer Question
I have a court...

I have a court date for the 11th of this month for rent I was in an accident May 19 2017 car was totaled went to hospital from accident lost time from work at this time getting treated for damaged to my body I am hurting under Doctors care, have a lawyer but this lawyer does not Handle this type of case please advise am 69 years old.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Maryland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Rent is due for 4mo.I have been here for 5yrs been late three times in5yr

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
8/2/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
what can I answer for you?
Landlord wants to take to court what are my rights I have no one to help me
I would not be concerned.
If you can settle now do so.
If goes to court the judge will often mediate a settlement. Payment plans are common!Please let me know if that is acceptable and feel free to reply back and follow up
Tina, Lawyer