Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Is it possible for a judge to dismiss the judgement against…

Customer Question
Is it possible for...

Is it possible for a judge to dismiss the judgement against me for back rent?

Lawyer's Assistant: Does this involve a written or oral agreement? Is it a month-to-month lease or fixed term?

It was written, month to month, signed under duress when my husband was already diagnosed with a life threatening illness. the landlord also forced my then turning 18 year old son to sign

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Capistrano beach

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes due to the husband's illness and the son's surviving a fatal accident that left one dead two survivors...I have been compromised to survive financially.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
8/2/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Did you go to court before the judgment was entered? If so, did you tell the judge that the lease was signed under duress? Were you living there at the time of the trial?