Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I paid my real estate loan and now they say I didn't I have

Customer Question

I paid my real estate loan and now they say I didn't I have proof the payment was mailed. Now they are foreclosing on me
JA: What's the status of any foreclosure proceedings?
Customer: I do not know I got a letter that someone wants to help me and my house is to be sold on September 25th
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Petaluma, Ca 94952
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I am frustrated. The loan is handled by Ocwen
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Before you do anything, you need to make sure that the letter you received is real and not a scam. You need to contact the lender/servicer of your loan for the real status of your loan. You also need to check with your bank to see if the check has been cleared. If you have made the payment and your payment is up to date, your house cannot be sold.

If you are behind, then you may consider filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy several days before the foreclosure sale date to stop the sale. Click here for more information on Chapter 13 bankruptcy.

You can use the following sites to find local Bankruptcy Attorneys:

Nacba.org

Consumeradvocates.org

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Best wishes,