Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Three years ago i quit claim deeded my property to my

Customer Question
Three years ago i...

Three years ago i quit claim deeded my property to my sister . since then i have defaulted on my debts can a judgement against me take the property from her?

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you share ownership of the property? If so, is it as tenants in common, or as joint tenants?

No, but she does let me live here

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

In tennessee

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
8/1/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
RealEstateAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. I am sorry to hear about this. Did you transfer the property to her prior to defaulting? Did the default on the debt happen recently?