Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My tenant will have been in my expensively, and beautifully…

Customer Question
My tenant will have been...
My tenant will have been in my expensively, and beautifully remodeled 2/1 condo rental one year in August 2017. It is a 2/1 very well maintained complex. I sent them a note informing them that their rent of $2400.00 would be 2500.00. They do NOT want to pay it. They have a little dog but I am against pets in my condo, however I let them have the condo with their little "hot dog" doggie. I tried to compromise and typed in my note for the rent of $2475. but they don't want a raise in their rent. I really don't want to look for another tenant and lose a month's or two rent. I don'tknow if her boyfriend still has his job. She has an excellent job. I guess I should ask them what is going on and when will they pay the new rent. It goes up a little every year, just like the economy.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
8/1/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for the information. Do you have a legal question for us? If so, please ask it.