Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

How are you? I found out that my house was about to go in…

Customer Question
How are you? I...

How are you? I found out that my house was about to go in foreclosure but I found a buyer that has all the money to buy house from me and the judge has not signed off on foreclosure so I wanted to avoid foreclosure. What do I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What's the status of any foreclosure proceedings?

No status as of now

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

In bowie md. Do you need address

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that's all

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
8/1/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

The buyer here will need to pay off the loan , you may contact the lender lawyer on the foreclosure and ask for a payout.You can do a quick sale here through title company and close quickly.It is possible to pull this off but you have to act quickly.The lawyer can give you a pay off there are some late fees, legal fees, and the loan balance to add up.

Call the lawyer on the foreclosure, you can get this from the court.See if you can get the lawyer and the buyer on the line in a three way call to resolve it.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight and wish you the best.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.