Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Have a question we sold our house in a day my husband signed

Customer Question

hi have a question we sold our house in a day my husband signed the offer i wasnt there it all happened so fast then i signed it to now my mother inlaw is sick and they said we have till sept but we cant find anything we want to back out can we
JA: Have you talked to a real estate attorney about this?
Customer: he said they could sue us can it go that far
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: medford mass
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: just that it happened so fast that we werent even thinking and now my husband really wants to back out i know we have to pay back the inspec
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

Be aware, however, this is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. There is no obligation for you to accept the phone call offer, unless you want. While I am happy to speak to you, if you wish, I am also happy to continue online. So, there is no pressure to spend extra money.

Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

Does the contract have any provisions or contingencies allowing you to terminate?

Have you asked the buyers what they will need to walk away?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can u call me on the phone
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

You would need to make a request for premium service (a phone call).

Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

Did you wish to continue?