Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

If i did not sign the warranty deed but did sign the bill of…

Customer Question
If i did not...

If i did not sign the warranty deed but did sign the bill of sale in a short sale is the contract void

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the seller? What documentation do you have?

I am the seller

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

The state of 'Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I signed the settlement statement, the bill of sale,owner,s affidavit, , affidavit of homestead and short sale affidavit and indemenity agreement. My broker said if I don't sign the warranty deed form and the limited power of attorney correction agreement I wll receive an eviction notice from the buyer. the closing date was 7/28/2017

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/31/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 11 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

No, the contract would not be void. They can sue you for breach of the contract and force you to sign the deed pus pay fr any damages they incur due to your refusal that would include attorney's fees, etc.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.